Ho Chi Minh City is known as one of the most famous cities in Vietnam. This place is not only an intersection of culture and cuisine but also outstanding by architectural works and tourist destinations of important significance. One of them can be mentioned to the War Remnants Museum – a museum with great historical value for the Saigonese in particular and the Vietnamese in general. Let’s join VnTraveler.com to explore this special museum!
1. Where is the War Remnants Museum located? History of the War Remnants Museum
1.1 Location of War Remnants Museum (Map)
Located in District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, War Remnants Museum is very convenient for visitors to visit. This is a place that attracts a large number of foreign visitors to learn about Vietnamese history.
Through the two wars of resistance against the French and the US, the War Remnants Museum is a place to research, collect, store, preserve and display documents, images, and artifacts about criminal evidence. and the consequences of the wars that the invading forces have inflicted on Vietnam.
Address: 28 Vo Van Tan, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
1.2 History of the War Remnants Museum
War Remnants Museum is a place to display war remnants of France and the US for the Vietnamese people for 21 years, from 1954 to 1975. The museum was established on September 4, 1975, at that time called House exhibiting war crimes, later officially renamed as the War Remnants Museum today.
In 2002, the War Remnants Museum Vietnam was newly built in the typical architectural style as a museum, which is a solid block building, a large space convenient for exhibiting artifacts, avoiding natural light. damage to documents and exhibits on display in the museum.
With the combination of exhibiting artifacts and organizing diverse activities, the War Remnants Museum increasingly attracts many tourists to visit.
2. How much does it cost to visit the War Remnants Museum? How are the museum’s operating hours?
2.1 Do we need to buy tickets to visit this museum?
To visit artifacts, historical events and learn about the people and country of Vietnam at the War Remnants Museum, you must buy tickets to visit the museum.
Entrance fee: 40,000 VND / person / time (applied from 01/01/2018).
In addition, the museum also applies the discount and exemption regime for some special cases, for more information, you can see here.
2.2 What are the museum’s operating hours?
War Remnants Museum is open to visitors on all days of the week (including holidays and New Year).
Opening hours: from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm (starting from June 1, 2017).
3. What are the means to get to the War Remnants Museum?
To move to this special museum, visitors can choose from the following options:
– Travel by taxi: to avoid the influence of weather such as sunshine, rain,… visitors can choose some famous taxi companies in Saigon such as Vina Taxi, Taxi Mai Linh, VinaSun Taxi, Taxi Savico,…
– Travel by technology taxi: famous technology taxi companies such as Be, Vato, Grab, Uber, .. help you to actively book a car, view the fare,… of the trip.
– Traveling by cyclo: If you have come to Vietnam, especially Saigon, you should try to experience the trip by cyclo, this will definitely be a very memorable memory.
4. Hotels near War Remnants Museum
Located in District 3, one of the central districts of the “city that never sleeps”, visitors will not need to worry about your stay. Around this museum, there are many hotels to choose from. Please take a look at some of the following suggestions.
- Mai House Saigon Hotel (Map): Located in Ho Chi Minh City, MAI HOUSE Saigon features a restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool, a fitness center, and a bar. Guests staying at MAI HOUSE Saigon can enjoy buffet breakfast.
Address: 157 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Sherwood Suites (Map): Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchenette with a microwave, a seating area with a sofa, a TV, a washing machine and a private bathroom with a bathtub and a hairdryer. A refrigerator, oven, and kettle are also included.
Address: 192 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Hoang Lan Hotel (Map): All rooms at Hoang Lan Hotel are equipped with air conditioning, a flat-screen satellite TV, a kettle, a bidet, a hairdryer, desk. and the seating area. Rooms also feature views of the garden and a private bathroom with a shower and free toiletries.
Address: 16 Truong Dinh, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
5. Where to eat, shop, and play near the War Remnants Museum at night?
District 3 is also known as one of the places to eat, shop, and play in Saigon, let’s explore some of the following places.
5.1 Places to eat
- Nguyen Thuong Hien Street (Map): Speaking of snails, you will immediately think of the area of District 4 and District 2, but many people do not know that in the center of District 3, there is a whole street of snails, which is a child. Nguyen Thuong Hien street.
- Turtle Lake (Map): Another fun place in District 3, Turtle Lake has been and is the first choice for groups of people who want to find a snack place with all kinds of dishes such as ice cream and fish. pellets, baked rice paper, fried corn, grilled corn,…
Address: Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Le Van Sy Buttercream (Map): Buttercream consists of smoothly blended butter with a coconut cream scoop and grated coconut. This ice cream will surely make you satisfied.
Address: 284/12, Le Van Sy, Ward 14, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
5.2 Shopping Venues
- RomeA Commercial Center (Map): RomeA is the first shopping mall in District 3, bringing a modern, dynamic and youthful style with the impressive slogan “Find Style, Find Yourself”. The luxurious and colorful design of this shopping mall also brings a feeling of freshness and comfort to customers.
Address: 117 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Le Van Sy Street (Map), Tran Quang Dieu (Map), District 3: On these two streets, you will be overwhelmed by the coverage of fashion shops, from popular to high-end, from adult fashion. to children’s fashion, men’s or women’s clothing is here.
- LAIMUT (Map): An international women’s fashion brand, established in 2018, brings feminine, modern, and luxurious fashion products that highlight the beauty of women.
Address: 195 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ward 5, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Snow town Saigon (Map): Experience snow in the heart of Saigon, come to Snow Town Saigon. Here, you can immerse yourself in the cold snow, ski, and experience other services of this amusement park.
Address: CBD Premium Apartment, Floor 3-4 Building, 125 Dong Van Cong, Thanh My Loi Ward, District 2, Vietnam.
- SC VivoCity Shopping Center (Map): With a scale of 5 floors and 1 basement, the total area of the center is up to 41,000 m², SC VivoCity Vietnam is an integrated space for everyone to satisfy their shopping and dining needs. drink, play, entertain.
Address: 1058 Nguyen Van Linh, Tan Phong, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Jump Arena Thao Dien (Map): At this Saigon amusement park, you will have time to “bounce” completely when you go through most games on the ruffles.
Address: 63 Hanoi Highway, Thao Dien, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
6. Things to note when visiting the War Remnants Museum
When visiting the museum, you need to comply with the regulations here:
– Dress polite, behave properly when visiting the Museum.
– Put the car in the right place; maintain order and hygiene.
– Line up when buying tickets, stick the logo on your shirt and present the ticket to the checker before entering the tour.
– Return bulky luggage (if any) at the duty room and take care of money and belongings by yourself.
– Adhere to the staff’s guidance and instruction boards during the tour.
– Do not bring weapons, poisons, banned substances, inflammable / explosives into the Museum.
– No smoking in the exhibition hall premises; do not write or draw on artifacts.
– All recording, video recording with themes, or organizing other activities must be approved by the Museum.
– Contact staff for assistance when wishing to register for a tour guide, have questions to be answered or have other needs.
– Responsible for compensation if causing any damage to the Museum.
7. Famous tourist attractions near War Remnants Museum
Here are some popular tourist attractions near the museum that you can explore:
- Tan Dinh Church (Map): Emerging in the heart of District 3 is a pink castle with poetic features like in a fairy tale about the residence of a princess. That is Tan Dinh church.
Address: 289 Hai Ba Trung, Ward 8, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Museum of Ho Chi Minh City (Map): If you love a retro classic, the Museum of Ho Chi Minh City is the right place for you.
Address: 65 Ly Tu Trong, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Botanical garden (Map): This place is in the top 8 of the world’s oldest zoos, historic and symbolic of Ho Chi Minh City.
Address: 2 Nguyen Binh Khiem, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Vinh Nghiem Pagoda (Map): The architecture of the pagoda follows the ancient style of North Vietnam, but with modern construction materials and techniques. This is one of the typical works for Vietnamese Buddhist architecture.
Address: 339 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Ward 07, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
The War Remnants Museum in the city called Uncle Ho has entered the top 25 most beautiful museums in the world announced by a famous tourism site. Visiting this museum, visitors will learn about the history, the country, and the people of Vietnam through recorded historical artifacts and events. If you feel that the article has provided useful information about this museum, do not forget to rate 5 stars for VnTraveler.com as a thank you!