Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are the two most developed cities in Vietnam. If Hanoi is famous for Noi Bai airport, for Ho Chi Minh, people always refer to Tan Son Nhat International Airport – the gateway to Ho Chi Minh City’s trade with the world. There are a variety of domestic and foreign airlines, many international routes are exploited, creating convenience for customers. To help you know about the special things about Tan Son Nhat, VnTraveler.com has researched and synthesized the interesting information below.
VnTraveler.com has researched and synthesized the interesting information below.
1. Where is Tan Son Nhat International Airport located? What was the history of Tan Son Nhat airport?
1.1 Location of Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Map)
Located in Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City. Tan Son Nhat International Airport has a convenient location: The West borders Truong Chinh Street, the East borders Quang Trung Street, Go Vap District, the South borders Hoang Van Thu Street, Tan Binh District, which has become the focal point. important traffic in the South.
Address: Truong Son Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
1.2 When was Tan Son Nhat International Airport formed?
According to the French colonial regime on the land of Cochinchina, Tan Son Nhat before 1919 was the name of a village located on a high mound north of Saigon from the time Nguyen Huu Canh came to explore and founded Saigon – Gia. Dinh.
By 1920, when the South Vietnam squadron was established, the French colonial government took most of the area of Tan Son Nhat village to build an airport. Initially, Tan Son Nhat airport had an airstrip, the ground, around is planted grass for military use only.
At the end of 1933, the first international flight of French Airlines (Air France) on the Paris – Saigon route (in the past without night flight) took exactly a week to land at Tan Son Nhat. After that, many other international routes were opened.
According to an aviation expert, before 1975, Tan Son Nhat had the highest number of flights per day in Southeast Asia. Currently, Tan Son Nhat airport is also in the group of 50 airports with the highest number of passengers in the world.
2. Which airlines are operating at Tan Son Nhat airport? How is the airport operation time?
Currently, at Tan Son Nhat International Airport, many domestic and international airlines are operating to serve the diverse travel needs of passengers. Some famous airlines such as:
– Domestic airlines: Vietnam Airlines (VNA), Vietjet Air (VJ), Jetstar Pacific Airlines (BL), Bamboo Airways (QH).
– International airlines: National airline Royal Brunei Airlines (BI), Russian Federation airlines are Nordwind Airlines (N4), and Ikar Airlines (IKAR), Lot Polish Airlines from Poland.
In terms of the operation time, Tan Son Nhat airport operates 24/24 to best serve the needs of customers.
3. The means of transportation from Tan Son Nhat International Airport to the city center
To move from Tan Son Nhat to downtown Saigon, visitors can refer to the following ways:
– Bus: If tourists do not carry too much luggage, the bus will be an affordable option.
- Bus route 152: Tan Son Nhat Airport – Ben Thanh Market – Trung Son Residential Area.
- Bus route 109: Tan Son Nhat Airport – September 23 Park.
- Bus route 49 – Tan Son Nhat Airport – City center (District 1, District 2).
– Taxi: Visitors can contact taxi companies to reserve cars. Some taxi companies such as Saigon Air Taxi, Vina Taxi, Taxi Mai Linh, Taxi Savico, …
– Technology taxi: Some technology taxi companies are also popular in Vietnam such as Grab, GoViet, Be, …
– Private car rental: Guests can also rent a private car to pick up at the airport. To see more choices, visitors can see here.
4. Are there any hotels near Tan Son Nhat International Airport?
4.1 Services in Tan Son Nhat International Airport
At Tan Son Nhat, guests can use the free sleeping chair service at the airport. In addition, it also has a free play area for children and adults. The sleeping seats are designed long, covered with leather foam to help passengers lie comfortably and comfortably. Each chair is placed quite far from each other to create a quietness for each person.
The extended terminal also launched a mini-bedroom service for a fee. This service includes 10 mini-bedrooms, serving passengers to rest while waiting for their flight. Each mini-bedroom has an area of about 4m2, using time is 7 USD (about 140,000 VND / 1 hour).
4.2 Outside Hotels in Tan Son Nhat International Airport
There are some hotels near Tan Son Nhat international airport, you can refer to the following:
- Ibis Saigon Airport (Map): Address: 2 Hong Ha, Ward 2, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Doha 2 Hotel Saigon Airport (Map): Address: 2/3 Hong Ha, Ward 2, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Bluesky Serviced Apartment Airport Plaza (Map): Address: 1 Bach Dang Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Thinh Gia Phat Hotel (Map): Address: 155 Hoang Hoa Tham, Ward 13, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
5. Places to eat, shop and play near Tan Son Nhat airport at night
Although Tan Binh district is not the central district of Ho Chi Minh City, there are also a number of dining, shopping, and nightlife places that visitors can visit. Below are some of the many favorite places that visitors can refer to.
5.1 Places to eat near Tan Son Nhat International Airport
- Sumo Yakiniku (Map): This is one of the best quality hot pot and grilled restaurants in Saigon with many stores in many different districts. The dishes are both rich and fancy and bring a characteristic flavor of the Japanese culinary art.
Address: 300 Le Van Sy, Ward 1, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Tokyo Deli (Map): Japanese culinary style, rich menu with nearly 200 special dishes prepared by Japanese chefs, all imported ingredients are good for human health.
Address: 4 Truong Son, Ward 2, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Buk Buk (Map): A restaurant with a new style. The dishes here are special and have an airy space, a model of Korean standard restaurant that creates novelty for young people. Extremely interesting, varied dishes with many options.
Address: 347 Le Van Sy, Ward 1, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
5.2 Shopping Venues near Tan Son Nhat Airport
- Pico Plaza Shopping Center (Map): With a design of 1 basement and 5 different commercial floors. Inside, there is a full range of brands that are doing business in Pico, so that customers can come and satisfy their shopping needs.
Address: Cong Hoa, Ward 4, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Vincom Plaza Cong Hoa (Map): Is a complex of works with large-scale subdivisions such as Shopping Center, Children’s Educational Play Area, Bookstore, Vyoga Center, Consumer Supermarket, culinary area,…Vincom Cong Hoa converges all favorable conditions to become an attractive new destination for all people in the area, as well as tourists from all over.
Address: 17 Cong Hoa, Ward 4, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
5.3 Playgrounds near Tan Son Nhat International Airport
- Hoang Van Thu Park (Map): Hoang Van Thu Park is one of the largest parks in Ho Chi Minh City, covering an area of 106,500 square meters. At the park also has a number of entertainment areas, fun activities, singing, camping, picnic bustling.
Address: Hoang Van Thu, Ward 2, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- C.T Plaza Tan Son Nhat (Map): C.T Plaza is located opposite Tan Son Nhat Airport. C.T Plaza Tan Son Nhat currently owns a variety of entertainment, culinary and shopping businesses such as restaurant chains, high-end cafes, amusement centers, movie theaters, …
Address: 60A Truong Son, Ward 2, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
6. Is there any service to buy a sim card and exchange money at the Tan Son Nhat International Airport?
Visitors can visit the counters at the airport to buy a 4G sim. There are many prices for visitors to choose from.
There are 4 money exchange counters at the airport at the international terminal:
– Location 1: Near departure gate number 17.18
– Location 2: Opposite of procedure sequence D (Departure Station)
– Location 3: After the border gate police counter (Arrival Station)
– Location 4: International arrival hall (exit)
7. Notes when arriving at Tan Son Nhat Airport
Visitors need to capture some of the following information when arriving at Tan Son Nhat airport:
– Arrive at the airport early for procedures.
– Be careful, self-preservation of personal property at the airport.
– Comply with the regulations at the airport.
– Prepare all necessary documents.
Tan Son Nhat International Airport is always a destination and a destination to attract domestic and international tourists. It has become an indispensable friend to tourists in every journey.
Tan Son Nhat airport is constantly investing, perfecting modern and civilized equipment, upgrading infrastructure as well as services to contribute to meeting the needs of tourists. Guests will surely have great and safe flights. Don’t forget to leave your comments about your feelings for Tan Son Nhat International Airport for VnTraveler.com!