Ho Chi Minh City is one of the most developed tourist destinations in the country, welcoming millions of tourists every year. In this “City that never sleeps” there are many tourist attractions and famous architectures that tourists often visit. One of them mentioned Saigon Central Post Office – the largest post office in Vietnam. This is one of the typical architectural bold French architecture. Today, join with VnTraveler.com to learn about Saigon Central Post Office!
1. Where is the central post office located in Saigon? What is the history of the Saigon central post office?
1.1 Location of Saigon central post office (Map)
Located at No. 2, Paris Commune, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Saigon Central Post Office is one of the outstanding architectural works of the city. This architectural work has a European style combined with the uniqueness of Asian architecture.
With its unique architecture, the Saigon central post office is not only a point to serve people with communication services but also to become an attractive tourist destination for domestic and international tourists.
1.2 History of Saigon Central post office
After defeating Gia Dinh citadel, capturing Saigon, the French set up a communication system. In 1860, the French-built the “Saigon Steel Wire Department” (ie Saigon Post Office) at the center of the city.
The designer of this work is Gustave Eiffel, he is a famous French architect who designed the Eiffel Tower (Paris), Statue of Liberty (New York), Long Bien Bridge (Hanoi), Trang Tien Bridge ( Hue). In 1863, the Saigon Steel Wire Department was established.
In 1886, Saigon Post was rebuilt according to the design project of architect Villedieu and his assistant Foulhoux, because it was not enough to meet the increasing demand of people. In 1891, the new headquarters of Saigon Central Post Office was officially inaugurated.
Today, Saigon Central Post Office is one of the special monuments, it has become an irreplaceable symbol in the heart of Saigon people.
2. How much is the Saigon central post office entrance fee? How does operating work?
One good thing for you when visiting the city center post office is that there is absolutely no entrance fee. So you can freely explore this post office.
The Central Post Office operates from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm from Monday to Friday and Saturday morning. Saturday afternoons, Sundays and postal holidays will be closed.
3. How do I get to the central post office?
Moving to the Saigon central post office will be very easy for you because the post office is located in District 1 with a convenient location that is easy to find.
- Bus: From Tan Son Nhat International Airport, visitors can take bus 109/03 to City People’s Court / Le Duan station and then walk or take a taxi for about 500 meters more to the post office.
- Tourists can travel by taxi services in Ho Chi Minh City such as Taxi Savico, Vina Taxi, VinaSun Taxi, Taxi Mai Linh, …
- Visitors can also use technology taxi companies such as Grab, GoViet, Be,… to move.
4. Hotels near the central post office
Located in District 1 – the central district of Ho Chi Minh City. This place has all the services you need. So you can feel secure if you want to find a place to stay near the central post office. We will recommend some hotels with good service that you should stay in.
- Park Hyatt Saigon (Map): Address: 2 Lam Son Square, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Hotel des Arts Saigon MGallery Collection (Map): Address: 78 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Orchids Saigon Hotel (Map): Address: 192 Pasteur, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Prostyle Hotel Ho Chi Minh (Map): Address: 26 Thi Sach, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Caravelle Saigon (Map): Address: 19-23 Lam Son Square, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
5. Places for eating, shopping and hang out at night near the central post office of Saigon
Besides the busy daytime, Saigon is no less bustling at night. Let with VnTraveler.com experience some places to eat, shop, and play at night in this city.
5.1 Places to eat
- Bui Vien Walking Street (Map): This is truly a nightlife street with exciting activities that you cannot miss.
Address: Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Phở Hà (Map): When coming to Vietnam, visitors must definitely experience the most famous dish, which is Phở. Phờ Hà is open overnight to serve you the best Phở.
Address: 19 Hai Trieu, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- SNOB Coffee (Map): Open 24/24, this place serves drinks such as coffee, tea, juice, cakes, and especially Bingsu with its own flavor and beautifully presented.
Address: 185 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
5.2 Shopping Venues
- Saigon Square (Map): Busy shopping center and bustling. Good product quality, spacious space, this is a favorite place for many people.
Address: 81 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- The New Playground (Map): It can be said that The New Playground is a favorite destination of Saigon youth. This place will help you get the most trendy outfits.
Address: 26 Ly Tu Trong, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Apartment 42 Nguyen Hue (Map): Located right on Nguyen Hue pedestrian street, this apartment has a lot of small fashion shops to help you freely choose.
Address: 42 Nguyen Hue, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Bach Dang Wharf (Map): Walking along Bach Dang wharf with super shimmering views at night is a great idea. There are also many restaurants where visitors can eat and drink.
Address: 27 Ton Duc Thang, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Bitexco Financial Tower (Map): One of the most famous commercial centers in Saigon with a full range of games, movies, shopping,… for you to experience.
Address: 02 Hai Trieu, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Bet Cafe in Notre Dame Cathedral (Map): Located next to Notre Dame Cathedral, under the shade of big trees, fresh natural air. This is a familiar meeting place for young people in Saigon.
Address: 01 Cong Xa Paris, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- The View Rooftop Bar (Map): If you want to mingle in the air, this is a great bar that you should visit in Saigon.
Address: On the 9th floor of Duc Vuong Hotel, 195 Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
6. Notes when visiting the central post office
Guests should note the following when visiting the Saigon central post office:
- Because this is not only a tourist destination but also a workplace for sending and receiving postal parcels, visitors need to keep quiet and orderly while visiting.
- Please comply with the regulations of the central post office.
- Because the number of tourists coming to visit is large, visitors should pay attention to preserve their property, avoid being stolen, unfortunately.
- Keep general hygiene, do not bring food or drink inside the post office.
7. Famous tourist attractions near the central post office of Saigon
District 1 center is home to many tourist attractions for tourists to visit and explore the city and people of Saigon. Here are some famous places that tourists should visit:
- Nguyen Hue Walking Street (Map): The street is already very popular with everyone, it is full of dining and entertainment activities. This is definitely a tourist destination that should not be missed.
Address: 22 Nguyen Hue, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Tao Dan Park (Map): This is the ideal place for you to relax with a fresh and airy atmosphere amid bustling Saigon.
Address: Truong Dinh, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Botanical garden (Map): If you want to see rare animals or simply walk under the trees or want to find a place with large greenery, fresh air, this botanical garden is the place for you.
Address: 2 Nguyen Binh Khiem, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- City Theater (Map): This is the venue for many types of performing arts with a capacity of up to 1800 spectators.
Address: 07 Lam Son Square, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Independence Palace (Map): A famous tourist destination in Saigon, where to save artifacts, historical events. This is an ideal place for anyone who loves and wants to learn about Vietnamese history.
Address: 135 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Located in the city center, Saigon Central Post Office increasingly attracts many domestic and international tourists because of its impressive beauty. The Post Office still retains the harmonious combination between ancient beauty and the breath of modern life. This deserves to be one of the top tourist attractions that tourists should visit in Ho Chi Minh City. VnTraveler.com wishes visitors a wonderful and memorable experience at the central post office of Saigon.