Ho Chi Minh City is famous for its massive architectural works, tall skyscrapers. Among them can be mentioned Bitexco Financial Tower – the tower is considered a prominent mark of the city. When you first come to Ho Chi Minh City, you will surely be impressed by this tower. To discover interesting and special things about Bitexco, VnTraveler.com invite you to read the article below.
1. What is the Bitexco Financial Tower address? What was the history of Bitexco Financial Tower?
1.1 Location of Bitexco Financial Tower (Map)
Bitexco Financial Tower is located in the most dynamic area of Ho Chi Minh City – this is a thriving place in economics, tourism, commerce, finance, and banking. Most of the area of the building is placed by leading domestic and international financial enterprises as transaction points.
Bitexco Building was built on the land adjacent to three streets of Hai Trieu – Ngo Duc Ke – Ho Tung Mau, attached to Nguyen Hue street. The building location is located at 19-25 Nguyen Hue, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh.
1.2 History of this famous Bitexco Financial Tower
The building was built on an area of nearly 6,100 m². The total investment capital is estimated at about 400 million USD, invested by the real estate group of Vietnam, Bitexco Group based in Hanoi.
The tower was started construction in May 2004, designed by American architect Zapata and inaugurated on October 31, 2010, it became the tallest building in Vietnam until Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower passed. it was in 2011.
Currently, the building is the 4th tallest project in Vietnam, after Landmark 81, Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower, and Lotte Center Hanoi. With the architecture inspired by the lotus bud, this is a symbol of modern, dynamic, and developing Ho Chi Minh City.
The building has a height of 269m with 3 basements and 68 floors designed with steel and double tempered glass, with low iron content. Especially,the 49th floor is the Saigon Skydeck observatory and the helipad with a length of 40m, on the 52nd floor of the tower.
2. How much is the ticket to visit Bitexco Financial Tower? How does the opening hours?
When entering, playing, or shopping inside the Bitexco Financial Tower, visitors do not have to pay fees. However, if you want to visit the top floor of the building, Saigon Skydeck (observatory) on the 49th floor, visitors are required to buy a ticket. The current ticket price is 200,000 VND (adults) and 130,000 VND (the elderly, children).
Opening hours: 10:00 am – 9:30 pm (weekends will close later).
3. How can I move to Bitexco Tower?
To move to Bitexco tower, visitors can choose one of the following modes of transportation:
- Bus: From Tan Son Nhat International Airport, you can take bus 109/03 to Cao Thang Technical College / Old Market station and then walk or take a taxi for about 500m / 240m to get there Bitexco.
- Taxi: to be faster and more convenient, you can travel by taxi, in Saigon, there are many famous taxi companies that you can choose from such as Vina Taxi, VinaSun Taxi, Taxi Mai Linh, Taxi Savico, …
- Technology taxi: many technology taxi companies are also prospering and gradually becoming familiar in Vietnam such as Grab, Be, GoViet, …
4. Which are hotels that are near Bitexco Financial Tower?
If you want to stay near Bitexco, you can refer to the following hotels:
- The Reverie Saigon (Map): Address: 22-36 Nguyen Hue Boulevard, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Silverland Charner Hotel (Map): Address: 89 Ho Tung Mau, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Sedona Suites Ho Chi Minh City (Map): Address: 67 Le Loi, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Caravelle Saigon (Map): Address: 19-23 Lam Son Square, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- The Hammock Hotel Fine Arts Museum (Map): Address: 59-61 Nguyen Thai Binh, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
5. Places for dining, shopping, and playgrounds at night that are near Bitexco Financial Tower Saigon
Located in the most vibrant area of Saigon, at night, there are many dining, shopping and entertainment activities around Bitexco Tower Saigon. This place promises to bring visitors to many great things.
5.1 Places to eat
- Ben Thanh Night Market (Map): This night market is always bustling, with many delicious and cheap dishes, this is a favorite destination every night of the city people.
Address: 13 Phan Chu Trinh, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Runam D’or Restaurant (Map): If you want to go to a beautiful, luxurious restaurant in the heart of District 1, you must definitely come to this place, will be a seat counselor suitable for your needs.
Address: No. 3, Paris Commune, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Tee’s Coffee (Map): If you are a lover of purity, clarity like white, this will be a cafe that will please you in the heart of Saigon city.
Address: 2nd Floor, 252 Ly Tu Trong, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Vigor Dining Club (Map): is a restaurant that always puts creativity first, so the dishes here are always new and do not make customers feel bored. Located on the 27th floor of AB building in District 1 of Saigon, diners can enjoy dinner while watching the bustling city at the light.
Address: 76A Le Lai, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
5.2 Shopping Venues
- NOWZONE Fashion Mall (Map): NOWZONE is one of the most modern fashion centers in Ho Chi Minh City with a modern, luxurious design and fully meets the shopping and entertainment needs of customers.
Address: 235 Nguyen Van Cu, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Parkson Saigon Tourist Plaza (Map): Parkson Saigon Tourist is Parkson’s first branch of a shopping mall in Saigon in Vietnam. This shopping mall brings together many famous international brands in the mid-end segment.
Address: 35-45 Le Thanh Ton, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Vincom Dong Khoi (Map): Vincom Center Dong Khoi not only offers a convenient and classy shopping space, but it is also an attractive cultural and entertainment destination for Saigonese people. This place concentrates more than 250 fashion brands, restaurants, cafes, high-end entertainment areas.
Address: 72 Le Thanh Ton, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- The Lighthouse (Map): The Lighthouse is as gorgeous as its name suggests. On the terrace here you can see the scenery of the whole district 1, this is a favorite destination of Saigon youth.
Address: 104 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Fox Beer Lounge (Map): This is a beer club that always crowded with guests every evening in Saigon. If you walk on Ham Nghi Street and hear the music from afar which is always exciting, then surely these sounds will be played at Fox.
Address: 13 Ham Nghi, Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Nguyen Hue Walking Street (Map): This place is inherently familiar to both Saigonese and international tourists. With many entertainment activities taking place every night, this is a place that you cannot miss.
Address: 22 Nguyen Hue, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
6. Experiences when visiting Bitexco Financial Tower
When visiting one of the tallest towers in Vietnam – Bitexco, visitors should note the following to have the best tour.
- The best time is in the afternoon when the sun is about to set, as at this time you can watch the city while watching the sunset.
- You may not bring in food or drink from outside.
- You should buy a ticket to be able to visit the 49th floor and get a panoramic view of the city at Bitexco Tower Sky Deck.
7. Famous tourist attractions near Bitexco Financial Tower
- Ben Thanh Market (Map): The market is located in the city center, and the name Ben Thanh Market is not only a famous tourist entertainment destination in District 1 but also a historical witness to witness the renewal of Saigon is the intersection point of present Saigon and old Saigon.
Address: Le Loi, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Notre Dame Cathedral (Map): This is a tourist destination that is too familiar with international tourists, this church is considered as one of the symbols of Saigon.
Address: 01 Cong Xa Paris, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Map of Independence (Map): Independence Palace today is not only a place to keep historical artifacts but also a place to organize conferences, seminars of agencies, state and is a place for visitors to have can visit.
Address: 135 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Jamia Al Muslim (Map): This is one of 12 mosques in Saigon. Visitors come here to be able to see the unique architecture of this cathedral.
Address: 66 Dong Du, Ben Nghe, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City has always been the leading tourist center in Vietnam. With the attention of agencies and new policies, the tourism industry here is increasingly developing. Coming to this “City that never sleeps”, visitors will be satisfied by the unique architecture, delicious food. Moreover, visitors can also experience at Bitexco Financial Tower – one of the most famous towers in Vietnam. Do not forget to follow VnTraveler.com for more tourist destinations in Ho Chi Minh.